Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Ti Voglio Tanto Bene

19"x20" Multimedia on Hand Sewn Raw Canvas Backing

It is a picture of my Nonna

http://inkthay.blogspot.com/2010/06/nonna.html
at the Red Cross Hospital with the Bay of Naples behind her. This photograph was taken by my grandfather soon after they met during WWII.In Italian, "Ti voglio tanto bene" would be how you would say "I love you" to a relative or a friend as opposed to "Ti amo" for a lover...
Literally it means "I want you very well" but it means "I love you very much", and we would always say that to each other when we parted ways.


Not the best photograph of this piece, but I have a bit more work to do/re-shoot it for portfolio submission to the Day of the Dead show at Bath House Cultural Center anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment